Scrum of scrums/2014-06-25
W0 + PartnersEdit
- #2 ESI / GIFification - blocked on W0 team itself, as nested W0 configuration support is being built
- #57 Firefox OS Exploration - card can probably be closed; Ajax page loading is going away in MobileFrontend as we understand; the Partnerships/Partners team will be looking at Firefox OS work for the upcoming FY - possibly a search widget, possibly finding a way to sandbox wildcarded domain patterns to just use the mobile website
- #121 Nested W0 Configuratons - new card created for in-progress work on supporting nexted configurations
- #122 Thumbnail Downsampling - new card created for in-progress work on downsampling thumbnails to reduce bandwidth usage
- Now that we have browser tests in /mediawiki/core, I want to retire the /qa/browsertest repo, as it no longer serves a purpose.
- I have three orphan tests for extensions in /qa/browsertests, for AFTv5, PageTriage, and Math.
- I ported them all to their extension repos, but I am uncomfortable creating whole new directories without a least a +1 on the patches. I could use some help getting +1 or +2 on these:
- Math: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/141472/
- PageTriage: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/141578/
- AFTv5: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/141476/
(Actually I am OK with merging the one for AFTv5 as that is only for historical/documentation purposes, but a +1 or +2 there would still be nice)
- Puppet 3 migration done!
- rcstream coming along. python-diamond packaged for trusty. Needs SSL - in progress
- Ariel doing data retention work, auditing home directories, etc.
- Downtime for dataset1001 (dumps.wikimedia.org, etc.) 2014-06-26 UTC 1330-1430 (this Thursday)
- Alex working with Content Translation Service (based on Parsoid).
- Chase working on Phabricator stuff
- 4 Kafka brokers online - alive and kickin it witih a replication factor of 3 for all varnish logs.
- Faidon working a bit on mail issues (Card #114).
- EventLogging tables containing sensitive data in the country column have been cleaned, all good to go. https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=66478
- removed old crufty tables (mostly ending with _zz) from EventLogging, warned the lists but mentioning here just in case
- We saw Wikipedia Zero requests drop a lot, alerted WPZ team
- dr0ptp4kt wonders, is this for one operator or across the board?
- As far as I know, its accross the board, but may have been resolved / cause identified, checking with qchris is wise :)
- several wikimetrics and wikistats fixes
- started collaboration with Yuvi on dashboard design
- No dependencies on us! :)
- No dependencies on us! :)
- worked to address negative feedback from MediaViewer enwiki rollout
- one more sprint of that, after that more time to technical debt in other areas
- no cross-team dependencies or important updates
Want to merge the frontend-rewrite using new templating and Mantle extension to master after Thursday's deploy so it rolls out to mw.org July 3rd.
- security review bugs 66238 and
- more and better browsertests, some will pass
- mantle/flow reviews done
- security release today
- SUL finalization (prep work) starting next week
- Ops: Still waiting for Debian repository
- Starting work on content API, storage service in earnest
- Chugging along on PDF render service, citation service
- Helped a bit with Debian package for CX service
- Hiring: https://source.jobvite.com/jhire/modules/requisitions/tabs.html#/details/oAhYYfwx/1/8/1