Product release processEdit
- Define quantitative testing plan
- Define deployment plan
- Do we roll out to several wikis at a time?
- Will testing on the beta cluster / reading web staging be sufficient?
- Will we roll out to beta mode than stable?
- Do we have any dependencies on other teams (e.g. security)?
- How will we achieve what we agree to?
- Development complete
- Feature flag/kill switch
- Code quality review
- Security Review
- Full QA
- Testing (qualitative/quantitative)
- Bug Fixing
- Full documentation on-wiki and rollout plan
- Internal performance review
- API dashboard
- Performance review by the performance team
- Community consensus
Development release processEdit
The reading web team current release process is the normal Wikimedia release process. See Version lifecycle, and Release checklist for more info.
We previously experimented with a branch based release process.