Use this page for requests for:
- autopatrollers, uploaders or IP block exemption (which can be assigned by administrators)
- Promotion to sysop, translation admin, bureaucrat or anything not above (which can be assigned by bureaucrats)
- Requests for comment and other miscellaneous requests
Any new flagging to +sysop should have an associated subpage here, except for well-established developers, where a developer is someone who has had changes accepted to the MediaWiki core or a MediaWiki extension where the total number of changed lines in the relevant whitespace-insensitive diffs exceeds 100.
One thing to keep in mind is that unlike most Wikimedia sites, this site is controlled by the MediaWiki developers, not the other users in this community. Being a developer (someone with merge access who uses it to maintain code that runs on Wikimedia sites) automatically entitles you to at least administrator status, and a long-time developer won't find it hard to become a bureaucrat. If you're not a developer, you do have to give some good reason to get any privileges; you should not expect to ever be made a bureaucrat. Something like a third of administrators and a quarter of bureaucrats are non-developers, however, so it's not like you shouldn't bother asking.
That said, there aren't really any formal policies on what's required: you just have to convince a bureaucrat. Use common sense – if you're trustworthy and your services are in need, there's no reason not to promote you to administrator at least, but don't ask for administrator without giving a concrete reason (unless you're a developer). Being personally known to a developer or having administrator or higher status on a major Wikimedia project are two ways to be deemed trustworthy. This is a wiki that has opted in to allowing global sysops to work here, and such users are free to use their rights on this wiki and do not need to separately request administrator. The same applies to global rollbackers, who are already autopatrolled on this wiki. Other users in specialised global groups (such as global interface editors) are also free to use their rights on this wiki by default.
Requests for permissions
- Archives: Autopatrolled user • Translation administrator • Administrator • Interface administrator • Bureaucrat • Other user rights
- Requested user-rights: Translation administrator.
I am translating from English to Japanese on this wiki. There are many articles on this wiki that should be translated but are not marked. I think that by having this permission, I can contribute to those who are looking for Media Wiki related information in Japanese.--Chqaz (talk) 01:26, 10 May 2023 (UTC)
- Oppose No demonstration of familiarity with translate syntax, no clear reason you can't just let Shirayuki do it. * Pppery * it has begun 04:01, 14 May 2023 (UTC)
Other requests and requests for comments
- Archives: Other requests and Requests for comments