Requests for permissionsEdit
- Archives: Autochecked user • Translation administrator • Administrator • Bureaucrat • Other user rights
- Requested user-rights: Translation administrator.
Hi there, I'm in the process of translating many things to French but sometimes I can't create some pages because of the AbuseFilter... I hope that this right could help me to get rid of this limitation, but of course if it is not the case, feel free to give me some feedback :). I'm sysop on Commons and am translating lots of things there and on Meta too. -- AlNo (talk) 14:03, 7 November 2019 (UTC)
- Hi, I can't seem to find any abuse filter log entries that indicate that a filter is troubling you, can you provide an example of a page that is causing you trouble? Typically, you shouldn't need to have translation administrator rights for just translating. —Mainframe98 talk 16:05, 7 November 2019 (UTC)
- Warning: Stop creating empty categories by translating category pages. --Shirayuki (talk) 12:08, 8 November 2019 (UTC)
- Oppose No clear use case (I've tweaked the title blacklist entry at hand, see https://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?title=MediaWiki%3ATitleblacklist&type=revision&diff=3500386&oldid=3315302) - unneeded --DannyS712 (talk) 02:09, 12 November 2019 (UTC)
- Not done Marking as not done after a month, no support --DannyS712 (talk) 02:18, 9 December 2019 (UTC)
- Requested user-rights: Administrator.
I do not develop mediawiki software but I have basic understanding of it and created some JS scripts for Wikimedia sites. Although I am not very active here, I do visit this site every now and then to provide feedbacks about mobile web and revert vandalism. Sadly, rollback right is only available to admins here. When I find bad, off-topic/spam flow topics, I hide them. I would like to use flow-delete instead. I am a member of m:SWMT and monitor this wiki using SWViewer. I'd use this right to block vandals and spammers, delete non-translations, unambiguous promotional pages etc. In addition to that, I am willing to help out marking pages for translation here (I did not do much translation here though). I am familiar with the admin tools interface as I am an administrator on beta-commons where I mainly use this right for testing my scripts and reproducing mediawiki bugs. I am also active on Phabricator and I try to help out where I can. Thanks for your consideration. Masumrezarock100 (talk) 21:22, 22 November 2019 (UTC)