This page is obsolete. It is being retained for archival purposes. It may document extensions or features that are obsolete and/or no longer supported. Do not rely on the information here being up-to-date.
See Selenium instead.
Attendees: Markus Glaser, Mark Hershberger, Priyanka Dhanda
- Mostly concentrated on Cruisecontrol.
- irc notifications
- figuring out ant and xml and xslt
- Wants to sanitize code and improve the way we use global variables (will help with testing)
- Eg: lots of exit statements make testing hard, same with globals
- Existing setup uses Cruisecontrol to setup Mediawiki
- Point the grid to run tests against the mediawiki instance that Cruisecontrol set up
- Changing the global variable to point to the mediawiki instance should work
- One of the issues is to figure out how to dynamically configure Mediawiki between tests.
Markus Glaser mglaser on mediawiki.org
- Integrating Selenium with PHPUndercontrol at work. Should have a solution soon.
- Discussion on coding conventions
- started an email discussion on wikitech-l
- will summarize what was proposed on wikitech-l
- Needs to make a decision about directory structure
- In the past has classes and static variables to get around globals in testing. Is this better?
- Migrated mknight's tests to the framework. Went well
- Wrote a migration guide (will put it on the Selenium Framework page on mediawiki).
- May use a Bootstrap script needed to run the Selenium Framework via Cruisecontrol,
- Could not spend much time on the Selenium Framework. Was working on some other WMF projects.
- Markus and Mark H. will co-ordinate to figure out how to run Selenium tests from Cruisecontrol.
- Markus: Complete migration document and share it with someone who can try it out.
- Mark H: Selenium cruisecontrol integration.
- Priyanka (with help from Markus): Figure out how to run a a subset of tests instead of all tests.
- Priyanka (using feedback from wikitech-l): Change the configuration dynamically for tests.
- Markus: Get an irc nick and hang out on #mediawiki
- Markus: Invite Dan Nessett to the next status update meeting.