How to report a bug
We recommend that you test if the bug is still present in the latest available revision, as stored in Git. If the problem still persist, when you report a bug, please try to include:
- A nice task title.
- A full description of the problem/report.
- Explain the difference between expected output and real output.
- How to reproduce the bug, with full information (script, command line, family, and language used).
- The console output provided by the script (included the Python traceback if you are reporting a crash).
- Post the output of
If you have thought of a function you want to have, and none of the bots provides it yet, you can ask one of the programmers to write it for you. Or even better, you can try to work on the bots yourself. Python is a nice language, and not hard to learn. We will welcome you.
Anyone can get a Developer account. Once you've registered, if you're interested in working on Pywikibot, please email the mailing list and introduce yourself and mention what you'd like to work on, so other people can greet you.
Mit Quellcode arbeiten
How to submit patches
Configure Git and Gerrit. Follow steps in Gerrit/Tutorial and run this:
$ git clone https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/g/pywikibot/core
and after modifying the code, follow the steps in Gerrit/Tutorial.
This is the user and developer manual, as can be found on Handbuch:Pywikibot, please help keeping it updated.
The code itself is partly documented. You can find them, e.g. at:
Bot & Proxy
Use requests environment variables. Siehe phab:T111752.
Debugging network issues
See Pywikibot/mitmproxy for tips.
- (Git) gerrit.wikimedia Code Review: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/admin/repos/pywikibot,general