The following pages are quickstart pages, intended for new users of Huggle:
To begin Huggle, you need to log in. Either choose the bot or the legacy login. The legacy login requires your normal password. Bot login requires a bot password See here for more information (Bot login is recommended)
Once you have logged into Huggle, you will see a box labeled "Queue". Leave the queue on default and click on any title inside the box. (Once you have done this, you may then use the spacebar to go on to the next queue.)
Important: Rollback Rights is required to use this tool on the English Wikipedia!
- As listed above...
- Clicking on the pencil that is green with the checkmark will flag the edit as a good edit.
- Clicking on the yellow pencil with the "!" will revert the edit and warn the user
- Clicking on the yellow pencil with nothing on it will revert the edit
- Clicking on the ! will warn the user without reverting the edit
- To welcome a user click on the green happy face (not listed above)
- For more options click on the drop down menu; to use it, click the black down arrow (Be careful when opening the drop down menu and make sure to click the down arrow and not the symbols, otherwise it WILL revert WITHOUT warning! [If you clicked the symbol and not the arrow by accident, quickly press the ESC key])
- Spacebar - Move onto next queue
- Q - Revert edit and warn user (for vandalism only)
- Alt + X - Add page to watchlist (Not sure if this applies to all systems; it says to use L on the manual of shortcuts, though this control may vary from system to system)
- Alt + C - Remove the page from watchlist (Not sure if this applies to all systems; it says to use L on the manual of shortcuts, though this control may vary from system to system)
- ESC - Cancels current action being performed
- F5 - Refreshes the page
- Y - Revert good faith edits
As listed above, on the very top there are two arrows, backward and forward (located on the bottom of the menus; System, Tools, Page).
Clicking on the backward arrow will take you back to the previously displayed edit, while clicking on forward will take you to the edit you moved but loaded in the past.
To tag a page for speedy deletion, click on the red garbage can (not listed above).
You may wish to open a new tab by clicking the "+" icon on the tab. When you open a new tab, you can monitor the page you were editing, while looking for more vandalism in the new tab.
To log out of Huggle, go to System, then click on Exit.