Link to Resolved IssuesEdit
This page contains only unresolved issues. Visit the archive to see issues which have been resolved.
Hi, I'm sorry for this question, but what are you talking about? I can't find any file called Common.css or Common.js in my MediaWiki Installation folder.
- What are the exact names of the files?
- Where should I find them?
- Why do I have to edit them?
I'm using MediaWiki Version 1.13 -- kMax, 14:16, 28 August 2008 (UTC)
- They aren't files, they are pages. Type Mediawiki:Common.js or Mediawiki:Common.css into your wiki's search bar, click 'go', edit the page, and the sections shown below. You need to edit the files to enable the show/hide functionality we take advantage of. --Msul01 14:28, 28 August 2008 (UTC)
Verify that your MediaWiki:Common.css and MediaWiki:Common.js pages contain a section on Dynamic Navigation Bars. If they do not, or if those pages simply do not exist, then copy the pages from Wikipedia MediaWiki:Common.css and MediaWiki:Common.js.
- Huh? Not even the MediaWiki:Common.css has a section about Dynamic Navigation Bars currently. Also, I think we should suggest just copying that section, rather than the entire page. That can get too big, and there's a lot of extraneous extensions that are not installed on smaller Wikis. --Liface 12:18, 7 April 2008 (UTC)
- Good point without any answer yet ?! Anyway to get it fixed ? --MoBO 16:48, 11.07.2008 (GMT+1)
I do not have the "edit" button only the "view source" and if I click this I get "you do not have permission to edit this page, ..." what user do I login as to edit this page?
generated user stylesheet is forbiddenEdit
Upon accessing a wiki using the restricted user, Firebug shows me two errors. One of them is invalid syntax at the doctype line, but it is not relevant.
The second error is while trying to load an external stylesheet. The URL is:
I think it should be a good idea to let the restricted users access this CSS file.
--CrazyTerabyte 17:59, 13 August 2008 (UTC)
- I just put the Title "-" in the $wgWhitelistRead array and it seems to work. Only disadvanteg is, that the anon user can watch the - Article ... which is acceptable.
- --W.stoettinger 08:52, 9 July 2009 (UTC)
Currently, looks like the namespace names are not "normalized" (or whatever is the term for this) for different languages. I mean, my wiki has Portuguese as the default language. Then, I need to write this at my conf file:
$wgWhitelistOverride['always']['read'] = array( "Especial:Userlogout" );
If I type "Special:Userlogout", then it does not work.
I wonder how hard things might become for users whose namespaces don't have plain ASCII chars.
I think it should be possible to normalize namespace names. --CrazyTerabyte 18:04, 13 August 2008 (UTC)
We are currently maintaining compability for older versions of Mediawiki (1.9+, I think) in the current code. Several users have suggested branching for older versions, and removing code for backward compablity in an effort to keep the code base clean. See User_talk:Siebrand and User:Aaron Schulz's code review.
Updating site and future development plansEdit
I am in the process of splitting the Extension:WhiteList page into multiple pages for the sake of readability. I have also posted a proposal for the next major revision of the extension on the future development page. Please take a look, comment, and/or volunteer to help us out. Thanks! --Msul01 22:55, 11 November 2008 (UTC)
Issues with categoriesEdit
- Wildcard : On the user guide, they indicate that you can use the wildcard match with Category. However, when I use Category with a wild card, nothing matches. Category:% returns no matches, even when there are several categories existing, I.E. Category:Foo, Category:Bar. Is there something additional that needs to be done to enable category matching?
- members of Categories: In addition, will the whitelist rule Category:Foo then match any page in that Category? Or just the Category:Foo page itself. (That lists the members of the Category).(comment 11.03.2011) I want to use whitelist to control the access to the pages, which are organized by categories. This is not supported yet. Any ideas how to include this ? E.g. by using title->getParentCategories() ? Thanks
Whitelist does not block page deletion for restricted usersEdit
Since in my wiki all users are trusted, I gave everyone the deletion permission:
$wgGroupPermissions['user']['delete'] = true; $wgGroupPermissions['user']['bigdelete'] = true; $wgGroupPermissions['user']['undelete'] = true;
That's better, IMHO, than adding everyone to the sysop group.
However, after doing that, the restricted user also had deletion permission, even though it had read-only access to the page.
I think WhiteList extension should handle/block deletion too. --CrazyTerabyte 20:02, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
$wgWhitelistOverride doesn't seem to workEdit
When I add the following line of code to localsettings.php it does not seem to work:
$wgWhitelistOverride['always']['read'] = array("Hoofdpagina", "Gebruiker:*", "Overleg_Gebruiker:*");
My wiki is set to Dutch on default, 'Hoofdpagina' is the main page, 'Gebruiker' and 'overleg_gebruiker' are the user and user talk namespaces.
Does anybody have an idea why this doesn't work? (the rest of the extension works by the way)
Thanks in advance, --GrandiJoos 18:24, 9 August 2009 (UTC)
P.S.: I'm using version 1.15.1
- Solved: did not capitalize the L in WhiteListOverride... --GrandiJoos 19:15, 11 August 2009 (UTC)
Anyone got this to work with version 1.18?Edit
With 1.18, this no longer works. Manually adding pages to LocalSettings works and has always worked but the point of this extension is to whitelist pages through the wiki (and without needing access to the server). I have just tried installing it again and what happens is the entire php file is displayed at the top as error text, followed by:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ninja/public_html/wiki/extensions/InternalWhitelist.php:94) in /home/ninja/public_html/wiki/includes/WebResponse.php on line 38
I'm guessing it's to do with the major changes in 1.18. Does anyone have a solution or alternative? Thanks.
184.108.40.206 15:28, 24 May 2012 (UTC)