What's the difference between this, Extension:SharedUserRights and Extension:GlobalUserrights? — Waterfox ~talk~ 21:09, 23 December 2010 (UTC)
- In the extension SharedUserRights can be processed, the global group membership through a simple special page, however, the global rights of users are not displayed in the users list. In the extension GlobalUserrights, global rights are still displayed in the users list, but the special page to change the global users group membership do not work. In GlobalUserGroups working all. Regards, SVG 21:25, 23 December 2010 (UTC)
- Are you sure that the Special:GlobalUserrights page doesn't work? The extension is used at several places, like TechEssentials. — Waterfox ~talk~ 23:29, 23 December 2010 (UTC)
- In my wikis (1.16.0 and 1.17alpha) does not work Special:GlobalUserrights, I will always be redirected to Special:Userrights. Do you know what is the problem? SVG 12:20, 25 December 2010 (UTC)
Creative Commons licenses are highly unrecommended, even by the CC organization, for software, because they don't take into account things like source code. I usually go with the MIT license, which is somewhat comparable to the CC BY. However, if you want to go copyleft to "keep it free", go with the GPL, which is comparable to the CC BY-SA and is used by MediaWiki. Cheers, Waterfox ~talk~ 04:05, 4 January 2011 (UTC)
- I don't know. Thanks for the explanation. I've changed the license for my new version 0.1.1 in GPL. Regards, SVG 14:03, 4 June 2011 (UTC)
How is this different from Extension:GlobalUserrights?Jasper Deng 19:05, 3 August 2011 (UTC)
- Hi Jasper. There was not a big difference. I had rewritten Extension:SharedUserrights because Extension:GlobalUserrights did not work on my system. The only difference between GlobalUserrights and GlobalUserGroups was there, that global user groups can be defined. Now I programmed a complete new version without any similarity in source but a bit similarity in use. Read more about it on Extension:GlobalUserGroups and try it. Regards, SVG 09:16, 22 August 2011 (UTC)
The links supplied are broken.Jasper Deng 17:34, 7 August 2011 (UTC)
- Hi. My server has been moved. The link is fixed now. SVG 09:17, 22 August 2011 (UTC)
Download broken againEdit
The extension distributor page times out when trying to download this extension.Jasper Deng 04:02, 20 December 2011 (UTC)
- That was not me, it's Wikimedia's repository. I tried to download trunk and 1.18, both works. I've uploaded it temporarily to Wikiunity.com. You could use Subversion for checkout, too. Please write me when you have downloaded it. Greets, SVG 16:01, 22 December 2011 (UTC)
- Managed to get it.Jasper Deng 23:15, 9 January 2012 (UTC)
User Groups wont save on other wikisEdit
Hi, I am trying to make a wiki farm service and i am using GlobalUserGroups for it. I am able to get the user table over (via a shared database) but i cant share the groups with GlobalUserGroups. What are the setup instructions for the other wiki?
Bill9929(talk) 17:53, 8 January 2012 (UTC)
You only need to set up GlobalUserGroups as it is described here:
require_once ( "$IP/extensions/GlobalUserGroups/GlobalUserGroups.php" ); $wgGlobalUserGroups = array( 'rollback-global', 'sysop-global', ); // Per example // copy the local sysop permissions to the global sysop group $wgGroupPermissions['sysop-global'] = $wgGroupPermissions['sysop']; // global rollbacker group $wgGroupPermissions['rollback-global']['rollback'] = true; // allows to revert edits by an user with one click $wgGroupPermissions['rollback-global']['suppressredirect'] = true; // global rollbackers can moving a page without automatically creating a redirect
Then, when you grant global sysop rights through Special:UserRights in a wiki, the user will be automatically global sysop in every wiki. Did you set $wgLocalDatabases? Otherwise, it will not works. You have to set this settings for every wiki (at best, you use a shared configuration file). Kind regards, SVG 14:50, 9 January 2012 (UTC)
This is how GlobalUserGroups is configured in the LocalSettings.php in the main wiki
require_once( "$IP/extensions/GlobalUserGroups/GlobalUserGroups.php" ); // use extra translations for various user group names and similars $wgGlobalUserGroupsUseEMWT = true; // the following groups are defined as global, and intend to award on Special:UserRights listed in all the databases in $wgLocalDatabases are entered into the table 'user_groups' for each user // for example: $wgGlobalUserGroups = array( 'staff', 'antispam', 'bot-global', 'checkuser-global', ); // shared database settings (if you haven't already set this adjustment) $wgSharedDB = 'globalset'; // using a global users list $wgSharedTables = 'user'; // users $wgSharedTables = 'user_properties'; // user's preferences $wgEnableMWSuggest = true; // show the wiki's database in browsers source code (available but not required) // permissions for global groups // for example: $wgGroupPermissions['staff'] = $wgGroupPermissions['sysop']; $wgGroupPermissions['bot-global'] = $wgGroupPermissions['bot']; $wgGroupPermissions['antispam'] = $wgGroupPermissions['sysop']; $wgGroupPermissions['staff']['checkuser'] = true; $wgGroupPermissions['staff']['checkuser-log'] = true; $wgGroupPermissions['antispam']['checkuser'] = true; $wgGroupPermissions['antispam']['checkuser-log'] = true; $wgGroupPermissions['checkuser-global']['checkuser'] = true; $wgGroupPermissions['checkuser-global']['checkuser-log'] = true; $wgGroupPermissions['staff']['siteadmin'] = true; $wgGroupPermissions['staff']['userrights'] = true; $wgGroupPermissions['staff']['disableaccount'] = true; // bureaucrats can't give global group memberships and a bureaucrat cannot demote another bureaucrat but a bureaucrat can remove the own bureaucrat flag $wgGroupPermissions['bureaucrat']['userrights'] = false; $wgAddGroups['bureaucrat'] = 'sysop'; $wgAddGroups['bureaucrat'] = 'bureaucrat'; $wgRemoveGroups['bureaucrat'] = 'sysop'; $wgGroupsRemoveFromSelf['bureaucrat'] = 'bureaucrat'; // can remove own bureaucrat flag
and this is what the configuration is for the second wiki
$wgSharedDB = 'globalset'; $wgSharedTables = 'user'; // users $wgSharedTables = 'user_properties'; // user's preferences $wgSharedPrefix = 'mainwiki_'; $wgLocalDatabases = array( 'wikis', 'globalset' );
I try to keep it under 2 databases (the wikis use prefixes on the wikis database), but i can make more databases if i need to
[STOP SOPA] [STOP SOPA] 22:13, 22 January 2012 (UTC)
- You included GlobalUserGroups.php in the main wiki, but just set
$wgLocalDatabasesfor the second wiki.
$wgLocalDatabaseshas to be set in the wiki where you included GlobalUserGroups.php and where you set the configuration. At best, you use the same configuration for both wikis, otherwise you can just grant or remove global rights in the wiki where you applied GlobalUserGroups.
I don't know ifGood luck! SVG 16:57, 23 January 2012 (UTC)
$wgLocalDatabasesdoes work with prefixes. When you can create databases as many you want, you shouldn't use prefixes in risk to cause problems. You perhaps need to set
$wgSharedPrefix = 'mainwiki_';too for the main wiki, otherwise you may use two different user tables.