This extension is currently not actively maintained! Although it may still work, any bug reports or feature requests will more than likely be ignored.
| Voice Commander
Release status: unmaintained
|Description||Allows for voice commands in MediaWiki by using a digital assistant in form of a speech recognizer.|
|Author(s)||Jonas Bakker, Tobias Weller (Tobias Wellertalk)|
|Maintainer(s)||Jonas Bakker, Tobias Weller|
- Download, extract and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'VoiceCommander' );
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
To users running MediaWiki 1.24 or earlier:
The instructions above describe the new way of installing this extension using
If you need to install this extension on these earlier versions (MediaWiki 1.24 and earlier), instead of
wfLoadExtension( 'VoiceCommander' );, you need to use:
Check Installation and Support of your BrowserEdit
- Go to Special Page:Version and see if it has been installed successfully
- Go to Special Page: Voice Commander under the section Data and Tools of your MediaWiki and see if your Browser supports the extension
- Currently only Chrome Browser supports the Speech Recognition functionality.
- Under user preferences can the style of the Voice Commander be changed.
- Under preferences can the Always On functionality be toggled.
The following commands and functionality is given by Kate:
//User wants to search the mediawiki 'Search (for)(the) *tag': search, 'Find (me)(us)(the) *tag': search, 'Look for (the) *tag': search, 'Look up (the) *tag': search, //User wants to jump to a page 'Navigate (me)(us)(to)(the)(page)(site)(article)(about)(the) *tag': navigate, 'Jump (me)(us)(to)(the)(page)(site)(article)(about)(the) *tag': navigate, 'Go (to)(the)(page)(site)(article)(about)(the) *tag': navigate, 'Move (me)(us)(to)(the)(page)(site)(article)(about)(the) *tag': navigate, 'Show (me)(us)(to)(the)(page)(site)(article)(about)(the) *tag': navigate, //User wants to type something 'Type (down) *tag': type, 'Enter *tag': type, 'Insert *tag': type, 'Write (down) *tag': type, 'Scribble (down) *tag': type 'Note (down) *tag': type 'Right *tag' : type //User wants to save Edits '(Now) Save (changes)(this)(page)(my)(edits)': save '(Now) Safe (changes)(this)(page)(my)(edits)': save //User wants to create a new page 'Create (the) (new) (wiki) (page)(article)(site) *tag': create //User wants to print a page 'Print (this) (the) (page)(article)(site)(section)(column)': print 'Ink it': print //User wants to edit a page 'Edit (this) (the) (page)(article)(site)(section)(column)': edit
- Apply a Command by clicking on the bottom on the top left.
- Or if the Always On functionality is enabled, then start with Ok., Kate
- The Voice Commander starts to listen
- Once the user stops talking, the commander stops listening and applies the command.
- If the command was not understood, then a message is given to the user.
Always On FunctionalityEdit
- The allows on functionality listens to everything the user says.
- Commands can be applied by saying Ok Kate, <Command>
- This feature is disabled by default but can be toggled under preferences.
- Statistics are send to an API in order to improve the functionality. However, it can be disabled by commenting out the correpsonding code lines.
- Under Preferences can be the style of the Voice Commander be changed. However, the Basic Theme is always toggled.
- Link to authors
- Link to information pages