This extension is currently not actively maintained! Although it may still work, any bug reports or feature requests will more than likely be ignored.
Release status: unmaintained
|Description||Provides a client-server API for the ShortUrl extension.|
|Author(s)||Daniel Norton (danortontalk)|
|Latest preview version||1.0.2 (2014-03-14)|
|License||GNU General Public License 3.0 or later|
|Tested against Extension:ShortUrl version 1.1|
The ShortUrlApi extension provides a client-server API for the ShortUrl extension. It adds:
- A new property to page queries (action=query&prop=shorturl), providing for each page:
- path: ShortUrl path (e.g. "/Special:ShortUrl/q45t")
- code: ShortUrl code (e.g. "q45t")
- A new query action (action=shorturl), which returns details about specified short URL codes.
- template: a string formatting template for ShortUrl paths (e.g. "/Special:ShortUrl/$1")
- an array of details for each code specified in the query
This extension requires the ShortUrl extension to be installed first.
- Select a release archive, download it and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
After installation, the API documentation is available at the API endpoint of your wiki. See the help page on the API endpoint for details.