Release status: stable
|Description||A simple extension for rendering Scratch blocks.|
|Author(s)||apple502j and Kenny2github|
|Example||https://scratchblocks.github.io - A sample page for experimenting with the Scratchblocks syntax.|
ScratchBlocks is an extension to display Scratch, a programming language created by MIT, in wiki blocks.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your
wfLoadExtension( 'ScratchBlocks' );
- Configure languages if needed.
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
By default, only English Scratch blocks are rendered. Add more languages like so:
$wgScratchBlocks4Langs = ['ja', 'zh_TW'];
Note that the TW is preceded by an underscore, not a hyphen. This variable is accessible through JS
There are two ways to create a snippet of Scratch blocks, which are nearly identical.
- Use <scratchblocks> before and after your code to create a block level element displaying Scratch code.
- To create an inline-block element (that will show in the middle of the paragraph), enclose the code in <sb> tags.
<scratchblocks> repeat (5) move (10) steps end say [Done!] </scratchblocks>
You can repeat Scratch code in a <sb>forever</sb> loop!
Both tags take a
version attribute, whose default value is 3. If specified as 2, the tag will render its blocks in Scratch 2.0 style.
For information on how to write ScratchBlocks code, visit https://en.scratch-wiki.info/wiki/Block_Plugin/Syntax.