|Warning:||There are compatibility issues with MediaWiki version 1.32 and newer. Please see README.md for more information.|
Release status: stable
|Description||Automatically adds links to words that match titles of existing pages.|
|Author(s)||Daniel Kraus (bovendertalk)|
|Latest version||6.0.0 (2019-12-31)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
The LinkTitles extension automatically adds links to existing page titles that occur on a given page. This will automatically cross-reference your wiki for you. The extension can operate in three ways that can be used independently:
- Whenever a page is edited and saved, the extension will look if any existing page titles occur in the text, and automatically add links (
[[...]]) to the corresponding pages.
- Links may also be added on the fly whenever a page is rendered for display. Most of the time, MediaWiki will fetch previously rendered pages from cache upon a page request, but whenever a page is refreshed, the LinkTitles extension can add its page links. These links are not hard-coded in the Wiki text. The original content will not be modified.
- Batch mode enables Wiki administrators to process all pages in a Wiki at once. Batch processing can either be started from a special page, or from the server's command line (see below).
- Download, extract and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'LinkTitles' );
- Configure as required.
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
To users running MediaWiki 1.24 or earlier:
The instructions above describe the new way of installing this extension using
If you need to install this extension on these earlier versions (MediaWiki 1.24 and earlier), instead of
wfLoadExtension( 'LinkTitles' );, you need to use:
Usage and configurationEdit
Starting with version 5.0.0, detailed usage and configuration information was moved to the README.md file in the extension's repository.