Release status: unstable
|Description||Adds an info tab on all normal pages, allowing for quick info displaying|
|Author(s)||Suriyaa Sundararuban (Suriyaa Kudotalk)|
|Latest version||2.0.0 (2019-06-08)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
The Info extension adds an info tab on all normal pages, that allows us to display the site information quickly.
- Download the latest release and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Only when installing from Git, run Composer to install PHP dependencies, by issuing
composer install --no-devin the extension directory. (See task T173141 for potential complications.)
- Add the following code at the bottom of your
wfLoadExtension( 'Info' );
- Run the update script which will automatically create the necessary database tables that this extension needs.
- Configure if required
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
To users running MediaWiki 1.29 or earlier:
The instructions above describe the new way of installing this extension using
If you need to install this extension on these earlier versions (MediaWiki 1.29 and earlier), instead of
wfLoadExtension( 'Info' );, you need to use:
This extension comes with an extra user right called "info" to allow fine grained control of its usage. By default it is assigned to the "user" user group, i.e. to all users with an account who are logged in. In case you would like to also assign it to anonymous users for them to make use of page info display functionality without the need of a post add the following code to your "LocalSettings.php" file right after invoking this extension:
$wgGroupPermissions['*']['info'] = true;
Revoking the permission for the "user" user group and granting it at the same time only to the "sysop" user group may be done by adding the following two lines:
$wgGroupPermissions['user']['info'] = false; $wgGroupPermissions['sysop']['info'] = true;
|This extension was migrated from git.suriyaa.tk code and checked into a GitHub software repository.|