Release status: beta
|Implementation||User interface, Skin|
|Description||A MediaWiki extension that adds links on each header to hide/show the section.|
|Author(s)||Brent Laabs (BrentLaabstalk)|
$wgHideSectionImages, $wgHideSectionHideText, $wgHideSectionTitleLink
|Check usage and version matrix.|
HideSection is a MediaWiki extension that adds links on each header to collapse and expand the section. This allows users to easily wade through long wiki pages and jump to the section they want to read.
This extension hides sections hierarchically. That means if you hide a top level header, any headers below it are automatically hidden. Typically, the header will display a "show" or "hide" link next to the edit link, though this can be configured to display an image instead. Additionally, there is a "show all"/"hide all" button, either on the first header or next to the page title.
For reporting an issue or a bug, please use Miraheze Phabricator.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Use these images as hide/show links. Default is null. If this array is set, images will be added according the the place marked in location. Location "begin" is before the first text of the header, while "end" places it at the very end of the header.
$wgHideSectionImages = [ "show" => "https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bc/Vector_right_arrow_link.png", "hide" => "https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/27/Vector_down_arrow_link.png", "location" => "begin" # or "end" ];
- If set to a true value, text show/hide links are disabled. Useful when only images are wanted.
- If set to a true value, adds a
hide allbutton to the right of the page title.
- Extension:SectionHide - does almost the same thing as this extension in an entirely different way.