Release status: beta
|Implementation||Parser function, Ajax, API|
|Description||Creating new pages on MediaWiki wikis|
|Author(s)||Egbe Eugene and James Hare|
|Latest version||0.0.1 (TBA)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Translate the FormWizard extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Issues||Open tasks · Report a bug|
The FormWizard extension allows anyone to create forms on MediaWiki wikis, used to create new pages. It was first developed as a FormWizard gadget but is now available as a MediaWiki extension.
For an end user guide to FormWizard, see Help:Extension:FormWizard.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'FormWizard' );
- Run Composer to install PHP dependencies, by issuing
composer updatein the extension directory.
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
For FormWizard to be able to work properly, you need to configure the parser function on a wiki page like so:
with mode=" ", should generate a button which looks like this:
with mode="subpage", should generate a button and a text field like so:
In the parser function definition,
- action is what should be displayed on the button which will be created
- config is the name of the JSON configuration page. An example can be found here
- mode is the mode in which the extension in operating and is used to determine if the user will need to provide a subpage name before the making use of the extension.
- project is the project where the extension is applied (this will be used to define page content in context of the project.