Release status: stable
|Description||HTML5 FORM rendering engine|
|Author(s)||Sen-Saitalk (Wikibase Solutions) and others|
|Latest version||2.0.12 (03-03-2022)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
wikibasesolutions, forms, html5
FlexForm is an enhanced HTML5 rendering engine.
It renders HTML5 form elements and allows to edit or create one page or multiple pages with one form.
FlexForm also handles file upload (including multiple file uploads) and sending emails. So one form could potentially create one or more pages, edit several other pages, upload files and send an email.
Some other features
- Support for creating and editing JSON content
- Fully supports Multi-Content Revisions Slots
- Calculations fields
- Template evaluating fields
- Multiple instances
- Show on select;
Version 1 was a complete rewrite and stripped down version from the previous extension called WSForm.
The full Documentation can be found here : https://www.open-csp.org/DevOps:Doc/FlexForm
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your
wfLoadExtension( 'FlexForm' );
- Run the update script which will automatically create the necessary database tables that this extension needs.
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
Or install using Composer. Read more here : https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Composer/For_extensions
The Composer required name is : wikibase-solutions/flex-form
Detailed information can be found here : https://www.open-csp.org/DevOps:Doc/FlexForm
Using the parser functionsEdit
When you are familiar with creating HTML5 forms you will have no problem using FlexForm. The documentation however is pretty extensive so we have it on a separate Wiki instalment. Documentation can be found here : https://www.open-csp.org/DevOps:Doc/FlexForm
Migrate from version 1.x to 2.0Edit
- Please notice the changes in the config settings.
- Do not forget to run update.php.
- Also, by default, the setting renderonlyapprovedforms will be true. Meaning that once you install FlexForm v2.0 all your existing FlexForm forms in your wiki will be shown as unvalidated. Visit Validated Forms to read how to solve this easily.
Ask any question at the FlexForm Discord server : https://discord.gg/ehFrPmT
|This extension is included in the following packages and/or wiki farms:|