User documentation is at Help:DiscussionTools.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'DiscussionTools' );
- Run the update script which will automatically create the necessary database tables that this extension needs.
- Also in LocalSettings.php, ensure that you have a timezone set.
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
The reply shows a link after every comment on talk pages, namespaces listed in
$wgExtraSignatureNamespaces, and pages with the
__NEWSECTIONLINK__ magic word.
You can follow development on the tool on the talk pages project page.
|Setting name||Default value||Description|
||Enable DiscussionTools on talk pages.|
||Make DiscussionTools a beta feature.|
||Enable the 2017 wikitext editor for wikitext replies (not yet supported).|
|This extension is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the extension is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this extension's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the extensions installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.|