Release status: beta
|Description||Adds a special page that eases creation of redirects via a simple form.|
|Author(s)||Marco Zafra, Edward Chernenko|
|License||GNU Lesser General Public License 3.0 or later|
|Translate the CreateRedirect extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
|Issues||Open tasks · Report a bug|
CreateRedirect is a special page extension that eases creation of redirects. It displays a form that only asks for the origin page and the destination page, and then saves the page. It also adds a menu item to the side "toolbox" menu as a shortcut, and is able to pass through the current article's title through that shortcut to fill in the destination field automatically. It's convenient and great for batch edits!
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
May 11, 2007Edit
- No updates to the code itself, but the files above are back up and working. Sorry about that!
December 11, 2007Edit
- CreateRedirect.setup.php: Fixed "toolbox" menu link, where the link was directed to my server and wiki. Fixed to link locally to the Wiki that extension is installed on.
- Major code rewrite
- Autofocus of title autocompletion in "Redirect to:" field,
- Post-submit success message has links to target page and redirect,
- warn when redirect would overwrite an existing page, with checkbox to ignore this warning,
- button "Enter more titles" turns "Page title" field into a textarea, allowing to create multiple redirects (to the same page) at once.
- if target page is Template:Something, then "Page title" field would be populated with "Template:" string when the form is opened (because in most cases redirects to templates would also be in the same Template namespace). This applies to all namespaces.
CreateRedirect is released under the GNU Lesser General Public License version 3.