Release status: unmaintained
|Implementation||Special page, Search, Data extraction|
|Description||Maintains a table with hash values for category intersections within a page to allow searching category intersections|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Translate the CategoryIntersection extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
The CategoryIntersection extension provides a special page - Special:CategoryIntersection. You put in a list of categories to this page (separated by newlines), and the extension returns the articles that are in all the categories listed. It stores hashes of what categories a page is in a separate table in db to (I assume) make things efficient. Somewhat akin to the DynamicPageList extensions (but probably much more efficient).
To install this extension, do the following:
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Run the update script which will automatically create the necessary database tables that this extension needs.
- Run the refreshLinks.php maintenance script.
|Warning:||This may take a long time if you have a lot of pages on your wiki. If you don't do this step, the extension will only find pages that had their categories added after the extension was installed|
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.