Release status: unmaintained
|Description||Gives sysops the ability to mass block spam accounts and delete all contributions made by those accounts.|
|Latest version||1.1 (2013-02-05)|
|License||GNU General Public License 3.0 or later|
|Translate the BlockAndNuke extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
|Issues||Open tasks · Report a bug|
The Block and Nuke extension allows sysops to mass block spam accounts and delete all contributions made by those spam accounts, in just two clicks.
- Download and place the files under
- Add to the end of LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'BlockAndNuke' );
- And set the path for the "whitelist.txt" file, e.g.:
$wgWhitelist = "$IP/extensions/BlockAndNuke/whitelist.txt";
$wgWhitelist = "http://www.mysite.com/extensions/BlockAndNuke/whitelist.txt";
- Installation can now be verified through Special:Version on your wiki.
Edit file "whitelist.txt" and add all registered users whose contributions to your wiki are not spam. This list must be edited manually. One username per line, e.g.
Admin Dorris Sam
Go to Special:BlockAndNuke. The special page is listed under Special:SpecialPages, under Page Tools, BlockAndNuke.
A checklist shows all users who made contributions since last use of this tool and are not listed in whitelist.txt. Default checklist: all checked. Select users you would like to block - all their contributions will be deleted. Click 'Select Users'. Then confirm by clicking the button 'BlockAndNuke'. Note: It is possible to use the 'Shift' and 'Control' keys on the keyboard to select ranges of users (particularly useful for long lists of users, when selecting and deselecting users one-by-one would be time consuming).
Command line for mass actionEdit
If you want to clean up hundreds or thousands of pages and accounts, there is a command line script -- ban.php -- that is easier to use.
Integration with Extension:UserMergeEdit
If you have Extension:UserMerge installed, this blocked user's accounts will be merged with the user specified in $wgBaNSpamUser which, by default, is "Spammer". If you want this to work you will need to install code from here for UserMerge as the main branch of UserMerge does not have the necessary hooks in it.
Logs and UnblockEdit
A log of all deletions and blocked users is maintained at Special:Log/delete.
If a user was blocked by mistake - to unblock a user go to Special:Unblock.
- Extension:BlockBatch — Block a batch of users
- Extension:DeleteBatch and the deleteBatch.php maintenance script - Delete multiple pages using a text file containing the names
- Extension:NukeDPL — Delete multiple pages using 'Dynamic Page Lists'
- Manual:DeleteArchivedRevisions.php - Script to permanently blow away pages after deleting them (e.g. after using Extension:Nuke)
- Extension:DeletePagePermanently - Adds a tab for deleting an individual page permanently.