Release status: experimental
|Description||Context-based learning anti-spam tool|
|Author(s)||Richard Cook (Cook879talk)|
|License||GNU General Public License 3.0|
|Translate the Athena extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
The Athena extension is an experimental anti-spam tool, which uses a series of context-based filters to try and identify spam. The tool uses a learning algorithm and user reinforcement to adapt to new spam. While the tool has shown some promising results, it is not production ready. You can read more about the results in this report. Bug tracking is currently managed through ShoutWiki's Phabricator.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'Athena' );
- Run the update script which will automatically create the necessary database tables that this extension needs.
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
- Unused: While important to the original algorithm, this variable is no longer used and is due to be removed
- If true, then Athena will be in training mode - it will record statistics, but will not make any calculations or declare the article as spam or not.
- This allows the user access to Special:Athena, the page to view Athena's logs and reinforce the system