James, Joel, Trevor
Determine what kind of Retro activities should the Editing department be doing.
- Should we make changes in how we execute.
- should we make process changes.
- Use Phabricator reports and other evidence to evaluate and make decisions.
- Assess other experiments (which?).
- Address morale and staffing changes.
- Assess people planning.
Context of Planning ExercisesEdit
Thinking about the possible planning meeting Editing department has in several dimensions:
- Forwards (planning) vs Backwards (evaluation)
- Internal to teams vs External (between team and others)
- Existing processes vs processes worth considering
- time scale: monthly, quarterly, annual, 5+ year
- Quarterly: Jamboree (Editing Department)
- Annual/beyond: team on-sites w/ad-hoc agendas. Nothing in Editing department
- Quarterly Goals process
- Annual Planning process
- Strategy processes
- Monthy, per-sprint, or other team retros (some teams)
- No quarterly retro process in Editing department
- No annual retro process
- Quarterly reviews with posted slides
We should try and get all these on a timeline to clarify the overlaps and cycles.
What do we want to do differentlyEdit
- Do an FY2016 annual retrospective for Editing Department in early July 2016
- Do an FY2016Q1 quarterly retro in early Oct 2016
- Evaluate the retros and decide if we should do more
What kind of retro do we want to do?Edit
Some options ...
What went well/do differently
|Output||went well/do differently
Look at Phabricator reports
Come ready to discuss open questions
Do a survey
something like THC?
- Joel writes up notes
- Trevor: set dates
- Joel: lead getting the agenda set