People present: Brion, Daniel, Gabriel, Roan, S, Tim
Pending action items edit
Everyone please decline the meeting in GCal if you're not attending.
RFCs to triage edit
phab:tag/mediawiki-rfcs/ (3 in Inbox)
- the Pywikibot RFC is up to them, removed the tag
IRC meeting scheduling edit
This week edit
Next week edit
- Create a proper command-line runner for MediaWiki maintenance tasks phab:T99268
Other business edit
- Lyon recap
- ?is this Daniel's phab:T96903#1309991
Priorities phab:T96903 , two clusters more ready than others: 1. content 2. modularity, SOA, interfaces,
- with content split out to phab:T99088
- also Daniel's http://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/Architecture_Roadmap_June_2015
- on wiki: Architecture_Roadmap_June_2015
- "roadmap" is misleading. "focus" or "topics", perhaps?
- "we" in the document is supposed to refer to MW developers in general, not the ArchCom
- Gabriel: should we have a working group? For example we have no representation from Reading here.
- Brion: yes, makes sense to have a content model working group
- Daniel: I would like to work on multiple content, that enables a lot of things and is immediately useful
- Gabriel: challenges: what is revision, what appears on ?action=history page
- Daniel: action=history is probably a separate RFC
- Daniel: should we put this all together and publish a priorities document?
- Gabriel: no, we should make a priority list, but projects don't have to be fully described, leave that up to the working committees , leans toward doing it in Phabricator
- Brion "this document" produces specific actionable RFCs.
- Gabriel: shall we set up a sprint next week, to merge the documents and set up communication
- Daniel: Should content model and service objects be separate working groups? Some overlap...
- focus on content, announce modularity and services is next up.
Gabriel: Code responsibilities document: James sent around e-mail "Confirming each vertical's responsibilities" in addition to Trevor's Mysterious module owners document, it's not Developers/Maintainers but https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q1BPBy_yEiHibCz2HgYvTwaZejwI_7OlGIl5l-iVcQk/edit?usp=sharing
- need to identify responsible group as well as a person
Gabriel: re: governance, steal ideas from https://github.com/aturon/rfcs/blob/rust-governance/text/0000-rust-governance.md
- a core team focusing on driving the over-arching direction, priorities and coordination, and delegating more focused work to sub-teams
- see phab:T89907
May 20 ArchCom meeting proposed dicsussing this RFC:
- Automatically tag edits that make a redirect, that converts a redirected page to a normal page, moves across namespaces and others phab:T73236
New action items edit
- Gabriel: schedule sprint to polish the API Priorities / invitation to the content WG, then communicate it
- Gabriel: forward / respond to James'/Rob's email/document about responsibilities.
- someone: create #ArchCom task to publish area owners from this.