Wikipedia Zero/imported/Retrospective-January-2014< Wikipedia Zero
- Released a wide array of features and enhancements. [SEE TRELLO AND GERRIT]
- Added interstitials and UI chrome suppression
- Started redirecting ineligible access attempts against subdomains zero.wikipedia.org to a unified warning page
- Added support for partner self-management of configuration for JSON-oriented users
- Progress on IP address zero-rating lists
- Progress on Wikipedia Zero support for all Wikimedia projects.
- Proxy analysis
- launched Banglalink Bangladesh
- launched Wikipedia Zero and USSD/SMS pilot with Airtel in Kenya
- Began drafting portal requirements and user stories
- USSD Analytics reports from Praekelt data
- Footer text / multiple hyperlinks bug fixed
- Automation tests (enhancements)
- Helped analytics with web log anomalies
- Varnish dynamically loads IP->X-CS mapping file
- ESI restructuring
- Met with Beeline (RU), presented at Armenia & Russian Wiki Conf
- Vagrant improvements (helping Ori)
- Monitored the rollout of Wikipedia Zero via text (USSD/SMS) in partnership with Airtel Kenya and Praekelt for the first pilot of the program.
- Yuri promoted the program abroad.
- The team also prepared code and configuration for approval,
- Finalized IP addresses for zero-rating
- Deployed bugfixes for the Wikipedia app for Firefox OS.
- Added support for simpler JSON in configuration files,
- Enhanced performance and redirect features
- Constrained ZeroRatedMobileAccess extension loading to guard against repeats of last month's configuration bug.
- Proxy handling code
- Launched Tcell Tajikistan
- Launched Beeline Kazakhstan
- Opera - conditional display of banner
- Lots of bug fixes
- JS on-the-fly interstituat rewrite, don't bug me again
- Landing page m.wikipedia.org & zero.wikipedia.org dynamic redirects
- Bugello integration
- Implemented a global landing page redirector for mobile Wikipedia website access
- Added support for staged configuration submittals,
- Enhanced interstitials based on input from the field from Wikipedia Zero markets,
- Proxy handling release
- Analyzed USSD/SMS service and partner launch-related access
- General bugfixes.
- Started on an HTML5 webapp proof of concept as an option for rebooting the Firefox OS app.
- Launched Grameenphone Bangladesh with IP address zero-rating
- Added optional carrier (community?) specified text on top of landing page
- Progress on generic JSON configuration extension for use by extension like ZeroRatedMobileAcces
- JSON Config extension abstracted out
- Abstracted JSON Config into a separate extension, usable by - migrating soon
- Lead outreach for women student with codeacademy API course
- Zero rating of Wikipedia App begins
- Lots of back and forth messaging with upstream clients
- ++Messy logs from Praekelt (Dan)
- +Need to refine tests & alarming for automation testing
- ++Analytics anomalies/blockers (Carolynne)
- +++Ops blockers (ESI) (Adam)
- Engaging with Mobile Web & Design
- Nudging and pushing our partners to move faster
- Bugs coming up in priority
- +Improved ops coordination
- +Mobile web team taking a greater interest in Zero
- Found security bugs
- First partner with ip address zero-rating
- Still takes a while to launch a partner
- Partners went dark during the holidays
- Didn't get enough done on the Zero pipeline due to pet projects
- What are the connections, patterns, and shifts?
- Prioritize the negative bits over the quarter