Wikimedia Release Engineering Team/Book club/Recommendation archive
This is the page where past recommendations will be archived. These are books/articles/videos/media that few people bookclub attendees said they were "Excited to read"
- The Phoenix Project - a novel
- Scrum and XP from the Trenches
- Lean from the trenches
- OWASP and their security recommendations and lists of common security problems
- Peopleware: productive projects and teams by Tom DeMarco, Timothy Lister
- One of the classic books on managing software development projects.
- New Dark Age: Technology and the End of the Future
- What I can only imagine is a feel-good read about technology.
- The internet/technology is built on metaphors to create models of the real world. All models are wrong, some are useful. If what the internet and technology has become is not useful we have an excess of information for modeling that can paradoxically make the world harder to comprehend—fun for everyone!
- Things you should never do by Joel Spolsky
- Never rewrite software