Topics from the pastEdit
Announcements, Information, QuestionsEdit
- Very brief discussion about the future of the interactive team
- Link to public announcement: https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/discovery/2017-January/001421.html
- Tension on Phabricator
- Actively being addressed by Wes et. al.
- This is only a small and not unexpected pushback
- How did the Discovery quarterly check-in go?
- Fine. Good questions, good answers. No surprises.
- Are these recorded? Not generally.
- Notes: https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/DiscoveryQuarterlyCheckinJanuary2017
- Slides: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1qVs3q0ZIi6VbTmMec-u4ohsLDVQfqXmgkG3XWkZ_P2I/edit#slide=id.g1c0e8e1e58_0_1497
- Suggestions for the Developer wishlist are welcome
- Structured Data on Commons project
- Technical plans at the moment have some overlap with Discovery (WDQS, cirrus)
- This will be accounted for in Discovery’s annual plan
- Team is expected to form Q4 (April-ish) but this is subject to change
- Public announcement is in the works
- Some positions will be filled by internal transfers, others by hiring
Scrum of ScrumsEdit
Are we blocked?
Are we blocking? (https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/blocked-on-search/)
Other dependencies (in either direction) which don’t need to be called out as “blocked” (e.g. are progressing smoothly, have no urgency, etc.)
Quick Quarterly Goals/KPI Update (if needed)Edit
Past (Q2 Oct-Dec) Quarterly Review: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1uem20E4P_e94yTfWpX8wQkbV8cDuNkja913TDonYATs/edit
Discovery Roadmap FY2016/17: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ctlqdLA__0OxDuO7mJEIDLP-xt9a7E4jv4INMlZAHdQ
This status was last updated 2016-12-15. Completed/dropped goals are not shown.
FY 2016-17 Q3 (Jan-Mar) Key ResultsEdit
- upgrading to Elasticsearch 5
- Upgrade search cluster to Elasticsearch 5
- Add real-time index updates to completion suggester
- deploying new language analysers
- Perform research spikes to find new analysers for different languages
- Test new analysers to see if they are improvements
- Deploy new analysers that are found to be an improvement
- cross-wiki searching
- Have a working prototype in Labs
- Run at least 2 A/B tests on Persian, Italian, Catalan and Polish Wikipedias
- Feb 1: CREDIT showcase
- Signup: https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/CREDIT
- May Discovery offsite (main planning will happen in Feb/Mar)
- TBD: Next All-Discovery retro (target late Feb)