Wikimedia Developer Summit/2016/Content access
This page is currently a draft.
More information and discussion about changes to this draft may be on the discussion page.
T119029 - This is the session pad for Working area focus: Content access and APIs, slated to begin at 11:30am on January 5
Answer the question: "how do we make accessing and distributing our data easier and more useful?"
- 20 minutes - introductory presentation
- 60 minutes - open discussion
Please prepopulate this section with the goals of the meeting, and anticipate that collaborative editing around fulfillment of goals. This is a great place to capture action items from the conversation.
This section is where an attempt is made to capture the gist of who said what, in what order. A transcript isn't necessary, but it's useful to capture the important points made by speakers as they happen.
This checklist exists to help each session at WikiDev meet the following goals:
- Have productive discussion about topics that need face-to-face time
- Make progress towards agreement on a solution
- Document what was discussed, including areas of agreement and disagreement
- Create written list of action items for follow up
- Update or create Phabricator tasks as appropriate
- Assign meeting roles:
- Facilitator: run session to achieve specific goals.
- State or build consensus towards meeting goal and style, referencing one of these meeting types:
- Problem-solving: surveying many possible solutions
- Strawman: exploring one specific solution
- Field narrowing: narrowing down choices of solution
- Consensus: coming to agreement on one solution
- Education: teaching people about an agreed solution
- Identify agenda items and guide discussion to stay on topic
- Redirect participants who begin venting or discussing things that can be done online
- Scribe(s): Document the session
- Copy https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/WikiDev16-YourSession to https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/WikiDev16-[SESSION NAME]
- Fill out the information in the template, including
- Link to Phabricator task describing session
- Goal as described by facilitator
- Topics of discussion as laid out by facilitator
- Action items and who is responsible for them
- Create new Phabricator tasks as needed
- At end of session, copy meeting notes into Phabricator as appropriate
- Gatekeeper: Actively manage participation
- Interrupt people if they are dominating the discussion
- Help people who are having difficulty being heard
- If the gatekeeper is talking too much, someone else should interrupt them
- Timekeeper: Keep track of time left and point out time passing to facilitator
- If possible, estimate time for each topic written by scribes
- Let people know when a topic has gone over its time
- Give a warning when 5-10 minutes are left