Wikimedia Commons on WordPress/Student project
"Developing extensions for CMS integration files from the library online Wikimedia Commons"
Wikimedia Commons is an online library which brings together media for educational, published under free licenses. It centralizes the illustrations of the various Wikimedia projects, including most famously the free encyclopedia Wikipedia. Founded in 2004, Wikimedia Commons currently has more than 11 million files freely reused by anyone. These reuses are to be within the law, comply with certain conditions relating to credit the authors.
The content management systems (CMS or Content Management System) software is extensively used. For example, the WordPress blog engine as well as claims millions of installations. The functionality of these software can be extended by extensions. There are particular to use the media to banks such as Flickr or Panoramio.
The goal of this project is to develop an extension for the main CMS to use the media on Wikimedia Commons, under the conditions of reutilization. It will then search for the media since the CMS interface, to retrieve information on copyright and licensing, and incorporate it into the pages edited.
Depending on developments, additional features may be considered (since a slideshow gallery files, last payments of a user, etc..)
Students will build on existing extensions for other media libraries.
- browse the Commons, understand how the licenses;
- install WordPress locally study the functioning of extensions;
- PhotoCommons install, consider the strengths / weaknesses;
- study equivalent to Flickr, and various plug-ins for WordPress Flickr.
Creating WordPress ExtensionEdit
- Incorporation into the article page
- Retrieving Images
- recovery license
- Propose size of the image
- Submit title, alt legend ...
- Returns the string in area of wordpress
- Setting User Agent, attorneys in the code, no need to modify php.ini
- It retrieves the license by clicking on the picture (do not waste too much time running the code)
- First version of the extension of wordpress
- File under 120px taken into account
- Recovery of all licenses on file
- Add link on license
- Changing the method of recovery of licenses now XPATH
- Cleaning ...
- ogg file (tbc)
- http://dl.free.fr/kWsp6Nyqk => Code to retrieve the license
- http://dl.free.fr/rGi4SbjA4 => Extension wordpress 0.0.1(alpha)
- http://dl.free.fr/fqL7HSpkY => Extension wordpress 0.0.2(alpha)
- https://github.com/CommonsOnCMS/CommonsOnCMS => Latest Version of WordPress Extension 0.0.2 (alpha)
- http://dl.free.fr/jp4hlM4TO => Rendering through IJP
<span class="licensetpl_short" style="display:none;">Public domain</span><span class="licensetpl_long" style="display:none;">Public domain</span><span class="licensetpl_link_req" style="display:none;">false</span><span class="licensetpl_attr_req" style="display:none;">false</span>