Wikimedia Apps/imported/Retrospective-November 13 2014
Previous Retrospective ActionsEdit
- Finish reviewing Nearby blog post [Dan] DONE
- Concerns about the robustness of Wikidata given its importance to mobile work was a major concern. Related actions include: DONE
- Spending time with Dmitry and Bernd on tweaking and finessing <3
- Apple releases went faster than expected \o/
- Time off! :) +1
- Velocity of Android app progress +1
- Poaching code from android for iOS - queries for search improvements
- Dan's time allocation, I'm pretty much 95% on apps right now +1
- Building the app roadmap
- Lead images look awesome! +1!+1+1+1
- Using wikidata short descriptions for all the things
- Wikidata integration in 3 places
- Alpha builds working again.
- iOS data refactor still bogged down for a while, but making better progress once the integration started
- Need moar iOS developers! +1
- Moar QA for Android app; need time to let code gelatinize
- Rummana and Elena will be starting soon (1 FTE total)
- Dan + Kristen meeting with R, E, and Greg Monday to talk about how working with the team will go
- Specialist's Guild can provide backup QA (24 hr turnaround!); will give them next release candidate
- Release process: making release candidates ahead of time (we'll need to get better/more regimented at this to coordinate with QA peeps)
- Tomasz can help with this?
- Need more time for bug fixes/cleanup. Spending around 3 days on that at beginning of sprint on Android.
- more eyes on the code! Another Android engineer?
- More blog posts
- Desire for us to socialize our work more
- Action! Blog post for lead images [DMITRY]
- Action! Blog post for wikidata descriptions for search [DAN]
- Socializing Nearby and all the new stuff we have in the pipeline (what's our story)
- Moiz thinks we should have somethign really meaty before showing off to the world
- Objective C. +1 Swiftly swift!
- Dan will be doing some follow-up on this
- How is iOS going to catch up without additional resources for the next few months +1 let's get some hiring done hopefully!
- Material design; what does it mean and when are we going to do it?
- How are we going to translate the design principles in to engineering tasks?
- Full redesign or just "materialist approach" to what's coming up?
- Action! Vibha will send around links and possibly set up a meeting to dive in this more [Vibha]
- the new iOS 8 TestFlight is confusing to use so far
- will try with external beta testers to iron out the kinks
- still unsure of Wikidata's capacity to handle our load (may be a blocker for all the features we want to implement)
- End of year sprint and dates [Kristen]