Wikimedia Apps/imported/Retrospective-December 11 2014
Previous Retrospective ActionsEdit
- Action! Blog post for lead images [DMITRY]
- Waiting for comms/iOS catchup
- but Dan sent a cutoff date (Jan 5), launch 2 weeks after that https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Blog/Drafts/Big_updates_in_the_Wikipedia_Android_app!
- Action! Blog post for wikidata descriptions for search [DAN] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Blog/Drafts/Using_Wikidata_to_improve_the_user_experience_on_mobile_devices
- Dan keep pushing
- Action! Vibha will send around material design links and possibly set up a meeting to dive in this more [Vibha]
- Vibha: seet up a meeting
- End of year sprint and dates [Kristen]
- Once ready for merge we got lots done on the big ios refactor finally! +1+1
- Android omg
- Amazingly ^ fast progress on image viewer on Android+1+1
- Great work by the Search team (search API with Index) +1+1
- we knew who to talk to/there were resources available
- strong project/tech lead (Nik)
- user-centered focus (user was us :-))
- Great work by Wikidata (pageterms) +1+1
- I liked seeing some more important features/fixes bubble up
- e.g. working on the image viewer when it became apparent that it was more important
- Apple's been faster about app store turnaround lately, yay
- Tomasz helping us push refactor stuff over the finish line
- He ordered pizza!!!
- he pushed on deadlines/firm due dates
- document issues clearly/checklist card (eg Monte made a giant trello card as he was reviewing/integrating the code)
- Transition to Material design theme/icons/toolbar was pretty smooth :)
- Hiring going faster than previously
- Hiring is moving!
- Fixing the freezing bug on iOS pretty quickly and getting it out there+1
- Dan still having fun writing patches for Android!
- Adam is moving to our team!+100
- Took too long to get the big ios refactor ready for merge. Perhaps break down differently next time so it's easier to land in pieces...
- sync more often on how the progress is going
- we expected things to go long, so didn't think to have short check-ins
- check-in points at small milestones, attempt integration of bits perhaps sooner/more often rather than just at very end
- danger in being 90% of the time 50% of the time
- Hiring still going too slow
- Haven't pushed a production release for Android in a while (hope this will change next week) +1 (-1?)
- ^ Rift between iOS and Android feature-wise (may cause delay in release) +1(i don't think android should have to wait on anything just because it's not done on iOS yet)
- Bug triaging/K-Phab
- Action! Try limiting individual standups to 1 minute
- "What's your one minute?"
- 20-second warning
- When tweet-a-fact will get on android
- Got bumped by the legal requirements this sprint
- at top of backlog!
- likely to start soon since we're crankin' through sprint
- please ping Moiz when you start working on it
- What the deal is around comms splashes and product launches (see action item below)
- Adam onboarding?
- don't worry
- Monte will make an onboarding list based on mobile web example
- it's just rain+1+1
- Still relearning phabricator for bugs and stuff
Action! Send around mobile web workboard view for bugs [Kristen]
- Swift switchover spikes?
- we'll get to them when we get to them
Action! Talk to Erik about the balance between holding back features for the sake of Comm splashes vs. being open and transparent; what is the line for what is a splashy feature vs not [DAN]