Wikimedia Apps/imported/Retrospective-April 3 2014
- Some effort in forwarding emails to mobile-tech/-l
- Communication has been moving to mobile-l more of late, hopefully we can keep that up :)
- More alpha testers yay! More regular releases on Android. Soon more people making releases.
- Adam helping out with CR a bit was cool +1
- Adam helpful on iOS code review as well
- Hiring - We're very close to hiring more android app engineers +1!
- Slow to move cards from sign off column(+1)
- Took a bit of time to get the builds. [Brion+Yuvi will follow up]* Kenan can't get the Android alpha download to work +May too
- Unsure about value of Sign off column, atm seems to be a rush of paperworky process stuff on fridays and mondays @
- Poor communications about decision-making lately (+1? more so for remote?)
- We haven't been doing any user testing to validate underlying issues that we planned on doing months ago @
- Kenan can't get the Android alpha download to work +May too
- Too many meetings, I think. Perhaps experiment with longer sprints to reduce overhead? Start with async default? +1 @
- Planning meeting was confusing
- Unsure about having weekly design refinement meetings, perhaps bi-weekly, or Trello uploads? +1 +1 I'd also like to see it be more asynchronous, so I don't end up having a zombie meeting about design.
- Ensure everyone knows mobile-l is public, -tech is private. "Public by default" :)
Previous Action ItemsEdit
- sign-off availability (+1)++ [kenan]
- Not enough people looking at the app (and doubly so for Android?) (++++)+++ [kenan]
- experiment with bug-report built in feature on ios [mhurd]
- Not enough comments and discussion on the design trello board+++ [team]
- tried to give moiz the link for release but it didn't seem to work for him