February 13, 2017
Previous Retrospective ActionsEdit
- [DMITRY] Get the beta done re "[MICHAEL, STEPHEN] Get password for true crypt volume" DONE
- [MICHAEL] Get password for true crypt volume DONE
- [STEPHEN] add meeting to talk more about testing and conventions DONE
- [STEPHEN] add spike to investigate mock web server / localhost / best practice for mocked service tests and update mock service task DONE
- [NATALIA] to add a new "Blocked/Waiting" column DONE
- [NATALIA] to facilitate a discussion about items in the "Questions" sections that weren't discussed (e-mail) DONE
- Title descriptions on some wikis + +
- Finally getting user testing done ♥
- Beta released
- Minor reorg / departures+
- Stable periodic CI tests
- a lot about ZIM files and Node stuff
- A little bit about cache headers
- Ultra, mega low crash rate: 160k sessions and 72 crashes on beta+
- OkHttp cache replacement therapy
- Team is doing a good job with filing new tickets for bugs and features 👏
- More and more unit tests: ~450 in CI now and in part responsible for lower crash rate and higher quality. Actually saw tests catch bugs
- OkHttp extensibility
- Not having the "blocked" column between "doing" and "code review" +1 moving to the left of "doing"
- Secure user password handling
- I wish we could refactor a lot of this account logic
- Fresco/OOM stuff. We're still getting some number of OOM crashes. Do we have numbers or a general sense of what effect Fresco had on memory issues initially?
- See also: https://github.com/facebook/fresco/issues/1363 (Fresco uses finalizers in a way known to be poor practice; unresolved since last July)
- Are we handling user accounts in an odd way? I don't see the add/delete account pattern on login/logout used by other apps
- Should we be anticipating users sharing phones/needing to support multiple accounts
- Phab ticketing with Design
- Release boards?
- Kanbanification/redefining meeting time
- Should we get our own IRC chat room and link Android related Phab pings there? iOS is doing a similar thing. It's nice to see a consolidated and chronological list of discussions happening combined with IRC.
- [STEPHEN] to file a spike re Stable periodic CI tests ( try bumping the timeout, investigate the plugin
- [NATALIA] move the Blocked column to the left of Doing