September 23, 2016
Previous Retrospective ActionsEdit
- [DMITRY] Follow up with Sherah about user testing/userzoom
- [MAX] Follow up on email thread for MCS-regression tag in Phab (talk to Bernd too) DONE
- [MAX] Check in with JK: what are the explicit Q2 goals? Confusion around MCS. DONE
- [MAX] Start thread with team to see how we can improve phab tagging next Q DUNZIEZ
- [DMITRY/BERND] Add tasks to next or following sprint to improve rapid detection of outages DONE
- Beta release
- Return of the Max+
- Product/tech onsite
- Sherah has started attending meetings+
- Dmitry #carless
- A plan for getting UX debt into sprints/planning+
- SN: We should be careful about signing up for tasks that are not fully fleshed out by other teams
- We should resolve whether we're working on fundraising now or not
- Might be best to talk about DR after initial designs from Nirzar/Design
- Max is real good at ping-pong
- (Beta) Users hate easy navigation! (j/k)
- Prepopulated retro items+
- Someone responded to an email over a year after it was sent and said something like "can't wait to try this out!" Wrong. You can wait. You did wait.
- Tending of open phab tickets +1
- SN: A way to track how many hours we spend on spikes/timeboxes
- Beta was major distraction (longed for it to be less of a distraction). I'm not sure when the last time I worked on something planned was. No time for 10% time.
- Fewer open code reviews in app and service repos... There were a lot of patches but not enough reviewers
- Better meeting planning
- Better planning meeting. I feel in today's planning meeting we could have copied some tasks over ahead of time.
- Less buggy beta, fewer last minute changes
- Do we use "Design Doing"?
- We should leverage our *production* alpha users before beta and regularlly? They exist in some number
- Do we want to bump up min API level to 16?
- Can we merge the crash report template into the bug report template?
- [MAX] Make a menu link to regression tag on MCS board DONE
- [STEPHEN] We should resolve whether we're working on fundraising in Q2 or not
- [dmitry] step up PMage