April 8, 2016
Previous Retrospective ActionsEdit
- Check that we have a room for retro [MAX] DONE
- Add Unplanned Sprint Work tag to release template [STEPHEN] DONE
- Put an email together describing issues around difficulties of implementing database funcitonality iteratively. [STEPHEN/MAX/MICHAEL] DONE
- When you have a lot of interdependent work, how to do break that up and sprint-ize it.
- Max got to visit Temple Mount w/Dmitry
- Dead Sea pics with everyone covered in mud on their way.
- Learning a lot.+
- Content Service moving to hundo percent.++
- Really appreciate the team's thoughtfulness of process
- Time with team because of hackathon and TPG offsite-ish
- Time to knock out more code for reading lists+
- Try really hard to make ordinary things. Ordinary things do not require special handling. Special things can often be made into ordinary pieces. Ordinary is good. -Confucius
- Stephen is like Midas. Turns ordinary things special. Fitting for the sprint name...
- Easier to preach than to practice. Dividing things does not make them ordinary. Sometimes you just have a basket of weird things.
- "Code is easier to write than to read." It is easier in the moment to write .size() == 0 but easier to read .isEmpty() later. When you write something that's easy to read, you flip the burden of clarity from the reader to yourself.
- More whitespace between meetings
- Non-database work. Small things.
- Schedule continued breakdown of feeds [MAX]
- Dmitry to review iOS product documentation to get better sense of feeds priorities [DMITRY]
- Make T-Shirt columns for Feeds project board [STEPHEN]
April 13, 2016
Previous Retrospective ActionsEdit
- Also look into more mobile web syncs - android might be more plugged in, but its more the people who are making changes that we should sync with [MAX TO PUT IN SM/PM/PROD AGENDA] DONE
- Get OTRS access for Sherah [SHERAH EMAILS ADAM] EMAILED
- Get OTRS access for Rita [RITA EMAILS ADAM] EMAILED
- Try to find users with Startup Issues using iTunes/Twiter/Google [Corey] IRRELEVANT
- Monte to investigate OTRS feedback on startup bugs [MONTE] IRRELEVANT
- Reschedule meetings for Rita (earlier) [MAX] DONE
- Accommodate Sherah's schedule, prioritize planning over estimation
- Get Rita on TestFlight [JOSH] DONE
- Email thread: We have punted on our design research on Modal [MAX] DONE
- Email thread: Piwik Hardware approval? [MAX] DONE
- Apple! 9.3 launch and impacts and wildcards!
- TPG IRL
- Quarterly review and exec feedback
- Translations commited directly to our develop branch and broke our builds
- Working with Apple
- Paul Marcos was very helpful with our universal links issues
- Apple is interested in further talks and collaboration
- Android pinging us on mobile front end apps css extension changes
- Android dev making contribs to iOS app's Wikipedia Zero handling
- Working with Reets! (who looks like she is currently jamming on her ipod)+1
- More contributions to the app in general (Nick did some good work) MAN FLESH
- Working relationship between analytics and Reading
- Disconnect on expectations and roles
- Translate wiki norms and communication paths
- OTRS norms/expectations
- Continued Processing of OTRS (are we just ignoring now?)
- How do we want to handle cross-tagged tasks with teams that also estimate story points?
- [COREY] Look into making Corey and Monte automatic viewers for anything related to MobileFrontend
- [JOSH] Forward Max and email related to relationship with Analytics
- [COREY] Add Max to email (to Adam) about norms related to what people external to the team can and can't commit (e.g. translate wiki norms and communication paths)
- [JOSH] Reach out to Web to see what their OTRS norms are
- [TEAM] Make sure tasks that are cross-tagged on Phab have tickets specific to the team (e.g., don't work on a task that is tagged "Analytics," instead make an iOS-specific task and "track" the cross-tagged one.