March 25, 2016
Previous Retrospective ActionsEdit
- Ping Brad Jorsch about clarity on login/account API changes [MICHAEL] DONE
- Wait until we've spiked
- Let's chat about how Kanban might change things if we used it instead of Scrum [MAX/STEPHEN] DONE
- Make a phab task to investigate what was going on with wikitionary 404s [MICHAEL] DONE
- Max and Dmitry talked with Joel about Q4 planning and epic estimation
- New prod release.+
- New permission doesn't seem to be too poorly received ;)
- Very few crashes.
- End of Q3. Tech lead rotation forthcoming!
- 2% Content Service rollout!!!!+
- A few sporadic volunteer contributions. We can never seem to hold on to volunteers very long.
- Nicolas's Commons app
- Phantom content service flapping (bad)
- Started tracking beta releases as pointed cards
- Experimenting with "Unplanned Sprint Work" tag
- Seeing reading list UI patch in action+
- TSG on top of stuff+
- Laying out the feeds epics, and using rough estimation, made it really clear that scope for Q4 goals needed to be adjusted
- Keeping docs up to date (specifically the Content Service deployment docs).
- New magic incantation for purging MW cache+
- A resolution to T126753: Build a background service that implements a queue for saving pages to disk.
- Redlink hiding in the service
- Make sure to plan for front-end work in sprint
- UI work. Small work.
- Check that we have a room for retro [MAX]
- Add Unplanned Sprint Work tag to release template [STEPHEN]
- Put an email together describing issues around difficulties of implementing database funcitonality iteratively. [STEPHEN/MAX/MICHAEL]
- When you have a lot of interdependent work, how to do break that up and sprint-ize it.
Previous Retrospective ActionsEdit
- Investigate more regular touchpoint with Android (email) [MAX] DONE
- Maybe one standup per week is combined
- Also look into more mobile web syncs - android might be more plugged in, but its more the people who are making changes that we should sync with
- Monte needs a repeating do-OTRS invite [MAX] DONE
- Nzr needs his own repeating do-OTRS invite [MAX] DONE
- Week of 21st, need to schedule brownbag [MAX/JOSH] DONE
- We got a Rita
- We released 5.0.1 Kiwi
- We got rid of Nzr (Who?)
- Corey and I went to Yosimite
- Had a 5.0 review with the reading team
- Finally got an Apple contact
- We hit our targets?
- Max taking on the Web Monster/reducing Apps scope
- Nirzar taking on the Web Monster/reducing Apps scope
- quick fixes w 5.0.1
- 5.0.1 went off without a hitch
- actionable next steps that came out of design research, easier
- We're kicking ass on retention goals
- Team has been working well, communicative, thoughtful
- Mad OTRS feedback
- And it got sorted!
- remaining fixes still needed
- TOTAL πWIK MELTDOWN!
- Analytics infruhstructure and mis-alignment - no event data to look at :(
- Slow dev progress (understanbly so)
- deep debilitating depression about Brian leaving us, more medications and/or alcohols
- related discombobulation of momentum/team dynamics
- deep debilitating depression about Elena leaving us
- Missed some bugs in 5.0.1
- Concerned about late meetings for Rita
- Xcode update broke some bits and stuff
- Testflight doesn't want Rita
- What do we want the new column (proposed) to solve?
- We have punted on our design research on Modal
- Piwik Hardware approval?
- Also look into more mobile web syncs - android might be more plugged in, but its more the people who are making changes that we should sync with [MAX TO PUT IN SM/PM/PROD AGENDA]
- Get OTRS access for Sherah [SHERAH EMAILS ADAM]
- Get OTRS access for Rita [RITA EMAILS ADAM]
- Try to find users with Startup Issues using iTunes/Twiter/Google [Corey]
- Monte to investigate OTRS feedback on startup bugs [MONTE]
- Reschedule meetings for Rita (earlier) [MAX]
- Accommodate Sherah's schedule, prioritize planning over estimation
- Get Rita on TestFlight [JOSH]
- Email thread: We have punted on our design research on Modal [MAX]
- Email thread: Piwik Hardware approval? [MAX]