This page is obsolete. It is being retained for archival purposes. It may document extensions or features that are obsolete and/or no longer supported. Do not rely on the information here being up-to-date.
To help organize timely admin attention on articles which need it. And to help users to keep track of articles that they are interested in.
Users may subscribe their account to a special watchlist channel. When an article is pushed onto the channel it will be added to the watchlists of all subscribing users. Users will also receive a notification of additions, similar to the 'you have messages' notification.
- a list of channels with subscribe/unsubscribe interface
- a method for creating and managing channels
- a convenient way to add pages to a channel (from a toolbox link?)
- wc_restriction [empty, or list of groups who can push?]
- wcu_user -> user_id
- wcu_channel -> wc_id
- wcu_update (timestamp)
May also want to add a generalizable notification infrastructure:
- n_user -> user_id
- n_summary (comment-formatted)
- n_text (wikitext-formatted?)