This page is obsolete. It is being retained for archival purposes. It may document extensions or features that are obsolete and/or no longer supported. Do not rely on any information on this page.
To help organize timely admin attention on articles which need it. And to help users to keep track of articles that they are interested in.
Users may subscribe their account to a special watchlist channel. When an article is pushed onto the channel it will be added to the watchlists of all subscribing users. Users will also receive a notification of additions, similar to the 'you have messages' notification.
- a list of channels with subscribe/unsubscribe interface
- a method for creating and managing channels
- a convenient way to add pages to a channel (from a toolbox link?)
- wc_restriction [empty, or list of groups who can push?]
- wcu_user -> user_id
- wcu_channel -> wc_id
- wcu_update (timestamp)
May also want to add a generalizable notification infrastructure:
- n_user -> user_id
- n_summary (comment-formatted)
- n_text (wikitext-formatted?)