User:SPage (WMF)/ZeroPortal< User:SPage (WMF)
|This page is currently a draft.|
More information and discussion about changes to this draft may be on the discussion page.
From phab:T87289 "MediaWiki Developer Summit 2015: Building websites with MediaWiki + Lua"
- locked-down wiki
- small userbase
- use MediaWiki infrastructure
ZeroPortal uses one whitelisted page, https://zero.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:ZeroPortal
- this is configured as the main page of the wiki
- this just invokes a Lua module
- loads other templates and wikitext (that admins can edit)
- routes to special pages
- Wikimedia Zero is driven by JSON config files edited by operators
- Lua extended to handle JSON (built-in JSON support in Lua is coming)
- JsonConfig extension for JSON configuration files in the Zero: namespace
- Python script uploads blobs of data to the wiki
- Graph extension to render graphs
- Instead of a skin, admin just modifies MediaWiki:Content.css (see it)
- * Disable caching (small userbase).
A Special page is not cached.