User:KSmith (WMF)/ArchCom notes
Had a good conversation with Robla.
- The committee's only activities as a body are the weekly video meeting and RfC IRC chat.
- Attendance by current ArchCom members is strong, indicating engagement.
- Currently notes are a typed transcript + summary by robla; could potentially switch to a recording to avoid the need for a scribe.
- I have been invited to observe next week's meeting
- Further discussions about what a TPG engagement would look like
- User:RobLa-WMF/CBCI - Thinking about using consensus to achieve conceptual integrity (which is usually attained via a single architect mind).
- https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7282 ("On Consensus and Humming in the IETF") - An RFC that describes rough consensus and some tools to reach it.
- w:Rough consensus - The enwiki article about rough consensus.
- http://www.reinventingorganizations.com/ and http://www.reinventingorganizationswiki.com/Main_Page - Materials related to the highly-recommended book. Apparently flat and consensus-driven is the second-best structure, with the best being autonomy based on seeking advice. (My summaries, not theirs, and note that I haven't yet read the book.)