User:Brion VIBBER/2015 scratchpad
Migrate from "foo bar <ref>baz</ref>" to wrapping the entire sentence in the reference claim?
Migrate claims from ad-hoc references to Wikidata claims?
Data-based text document modelEdit
instead of storing a giant text blob:
'''Such-and-such''' is a [[thing]]<ref>foo</ref>.
It is located in [[Anytown, USA]]<ref>bar</ref>.
It is frequented by [[Famous Celebrity]]<ref>baz</ref>.
It is 4 stories tall.<ref>quux</ref>
store a hierarchy:
- [text]: '''Such-and-such''' is a [[thing]].
- [claim]: Q12345 P678
- [text]: It is located in [[Anytown, USA]]
- [claim]: Q12345 P789
- [text]: It is frequented by [[Famous Celebrity]].
- [claim]: Q12345 P890
- [text]: It is 4 stories tall.
- [claim]: Q12345 P901
- we could give persistent ids to individual sentences/claims and version them separately. Versioning history and authorship could be retained when moving sentences/claims around the article.
- by mapping the entire sentence to a statement claim in Wikidata, we scope the reference and allow the reference data itself to sit elsewhere.
- potentially we can attach mappings from claims to links or data as well?
- aid translation duties by more closely tying together the claims that are identical (++ translation memory!)
Issues to consider:
- aggregating thousands of individual sentences could be slow. consider performance.
- how to re-connect history of sentences/claims that lose their claims from bad cut-n-paste?
- how to make VE keep the data most of the time
- if we connect sentence contents to the claim, how to maintain that and make it usable?
- tools to take wikidata info and produce stub pages?