As a WMF Staffer
I want to use an IRC bouncer to connect to freenode
So I can stay in touch with community and co-workers.
- Stalled Indefinitely
- We discussed several possible changes to the proposed implementation but were unable to come up with something that would be assuredly secure.
- Major issues were based on the need to keep freenode authentication information for each user on the host.
- Establish a multi-user capable on a labs host.
- Document use of BNC
- offline logging
- ping notification
sudo apt-get install znc/precise-backports znc-dbg/precise-backports \ znc-dev/precise-backports znc-extra/precise-backports znc-perl/precise-backports \ znc-python/precise-backports znc-tcl/precise-backports
Things to watch out forEdit
- YuviPanda says:
- don't bother trying to manage conf with puppet. Just let people use the web interface and the irc commands
- need to control access to logs as they contain sensitive info