I. Feedback summary
We understood the feedback people had to share about version 1.0 of the New Discussion Tool design as falling into two broad categories:
- The discoverability of the affordance for adding a new topic
- The functionality offered within the "drafting" part of tool
On the topic of how easy it is likely to be for Junior Contributors to recognize where and how to start the process for adding a new discussion topic, people noted how the initial design is likely to cause Junior Contributors to remain confused. People cited the lack of changes to the appearance and location of the existing "New section" call to action as a reason for why they think this.
On the topic of drafting/composing new discussion topics using the New Discussion Tool, people said:
- The title/subject field could be changed to make it more clear to people that they ought to edit/enter text into it.
- It would be helpful to have the tools available in the tool's
visual mode, extended to its
- It would be helpful to enhance the tool such that you can adjust the heading level at which topics are posted.