Something is wrong and you need to correct ist. Perhaps start with putting these three on a blacklist. --~~~~
Return to "Wikimedia Apps" page.
Reply to "APK for Android apps?"
Reply to "Selecting a different UI language"
Reply to "On this day"
Reply to "To add new language in mobile app"
Reply to "Categories"Reply to "Q147258"Reply to "Q147258"
Reply to "Where can I give feedback?"
Germany Version: Beliebte Seiten
APK for Android apps?
I'd like to install the Wiktionary app on a Kindle for kids to use. It's on the Google Play store but not on the Amazon store. Is the released version available as an APK somewhere? Is it still being actively developed? Thanks.
Selecting a different UI language
By default, the app is shown in the language of the device, as it is with most mobile apps.
As far as I can recall, in the past it was possible to select a different language to use for the user interface. This is particularly needed for languages that are not supported as UI languages on devices. I cannot find such an option now. It's possible to select it for the content language, but not for the user interface.
On this day
The android app is displaying a "on this day" card with a structured timeline of events for english, but not for other languages. How is this data extracted, so that we can implement this for other languages?
I'd like to know, too.
To add new language in mobile app
Do I need to file a new task at Phabricator to include Shan Wikipedia in Wikipedia mobile app?
The Shan Wikipedia is available in the Android app. I can find it by the name "Shan" if I go to the English Wikipedia article "Wikipedia" and click on the A文 button, then I can find it by the English name "Shan".
However, if I go to the app settings and try to add this language as a "Wikipedia language", then I cannot find it by the name "Shan", although I can find it by the language code "shn". I reported it as a bug: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T235972
I love categories, please make them accessible from the app 🤗
Where can I give feedback?
I really want to give feedback, where can I do this?
You're doing it.
Ok, then I do it here :)
I like the idea, that Wikipedia has its own app, and it's really fantastic, but I have some things, I don't like:
- It's not possible to create pages (e.g. talk pages).
- Pages with
Special:or where I'm from:
Spezial:can't be viewed in the app.
- Categories don't work either
- It's difficult to go to the article discussion and the article's history, because there isn't a button for that.
- It's not possible to add a section, only existing sections can be edited.
- If pulling the left toolbar, it should be possible to click on someone's own name to go to the own user page.
- Editing a docu in a template, doesn't work, when clicking on the edit buttons on the template page
- Infoboxes in the very beginning of an article are relocated and sometimes other things and that infobox/template colide, which doesn't look good. E.g. when viewing my German user page in the app the nav box is squashed into the Babel table.
And also two mobile aspects, but not with the app:
- I don't like the idea of Special:UserProfile
- In user contributions you can't see whether the edit is recent or not.
That's my opinion :)
The Wikipedia app also does not ping me, so only when I used the mobile site to make an article when I discovered that I had a welcome message. Could a pinging feature, which is available in most apps, be added to the Wikipedia iOS one? Also, you couldn't see the diffs, which would not be useful only if you can see who made the edits.
Getting the app for my wikiwebsite
Is possible to have the app code to set it for my wiki website?
Oh! I see the answer below