Hi! A "Progressive web application is a type of web application that can be cached through network and works as a standard mobile app."
Please make mobile lite app by putting the web-app in a wrapper. It can be easily adopted for all other wikis and can be maintained by a small team.
1) Please make Read & Edit w:Progressive web applications (mobile lite apps) for all wikis, especially Wiktionary, Wikivoyage and Commons which are very well suited for contributing from a smartphone.
2) These wikis are losing huge number of potential edits due to the absence of an app. Many wikis are in direly need more contributors. For instance, the translations content in English Wiktionary is very less and will be much needed for the new Wikifunctions project.
3) For a majority of population, a smartphone is the only device they can afford/have. So please ensure the services reach them and that they also can contribute. The old Wiktionary mobile app had 1 million+ downloads, but app development stopped.
4) Wikimedia should have been in the forefront of having Progressive web apps. Other top websites already have it.
5) It is an obligation of WMF to develop Mobile apps with full editing capabilities for the community. Putting web-apps in to a wrapper to make lite apps would achieve the same with minimal effort. (twitter's story)
6) The amount spend for mobile lite apps can be recovered by fundraising from it, while also allowing WMF to serve billions of new people. People have to depend on competing harmful commercial site apps right now.
Again, Wiktionary, Wikivoyage and Commons are more suitable to be contributed from smartphones. So please make fully functional desktop-site-in-wrapper lite apps for these wikis. Thank you!