Release status: stable
|Description||Focuses on putting your content in the foreground|
|Latest version||2.4.0 (2021-02-11)|
|MediaWiki||1.35.x and 1.36.x|
|License||BSD 2-clause "Simplified" License|
|Quarterly downloads||103 (Ranked 9th)|
|Public wikis using||312 (Ranked 27th)|
|Public wikis using as default skin||150|
|Translate the Foreground skin if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Issues:||Open tasks · Report a bug|
The Foreground skin focuses on putting your content in the foreground. It supports responsive layouts and has classes predefined for Semantic MediaWiki. Built on Zurb's Foundation Framework (v5.5.3), a "mobile first" and advanced responsive front-end framework.
- MediaWiki on top and at the bottom, nothing but content in the middle.
- Useful Tabs. Built-in and responsive own tabs.
- Smart Typography. Choose the design of the text that you need.
- Grid Layout. Place your information efficiently on desktop and mobile devices
- Full support of Font Awesome (v4.5)
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your
wfLoadSkin( 'Foreground' );
- Configure as required
- Done - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the skin is successfully installed.
See the README for detailed instructions.
When upgrading to REL1_41 make sure that the code is at
- Page actions for non-logged-in visitors.
- Show help and recent changes under tools.
- Alternate WikiName sets the top navbar name allowing you to abbreviate your wiki's name. Useful if your
$wgSitenameis long but you need to keep it for other purposes.
- Display an icon in the top navbar.
- Able to produce a meta tag with "X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge" to force IE to use the latest browser engine. For instances when someone has their browser set in compatibility mode.
- Output the footer icons or suppress them showing only text.
- AddThis PubID to enable follow icons in the footer.
See the README file for information on how to install and configure this skin.
- Mailing list (archive)
- Foreground demo wiki
- Report an issue or feature request
- Sites using Foreground — Feel free to add your wiki!
- Usage of Foreground monitored at WikiApiary
|This skin is included in the following packages and/or wiki farms:|