- Prepare for 3d2png & Extension:3d deployment
- Figure out why 3d2png won't run on beta
- Mark: The window management systems sounded familiar - believe node-canvas (which is built as a binary) may use one of them...
- I'm going to do my best to be awake and functioning today. I spent the past ~24 hours in a haze of sleep and fever. I apologize for missing things.
- Have a bit of an interview later, will try to be there for that.
- Get draft message for COM:VP about policy
- Speaking about COM:VP discussion a bit
- Triage for MMV bugs (sometime, next few weeks?)
- Wondered about morning/evening standups
- Mark: We could probably rethink the scheduling, since Prateek is no longer involved usually?
- Not much update
- Triage set-up?
- Orgchart changed!
- 3d2png (almost) working on beta (I think)
- tech task review
- Quarterly check-in – MM will be covered in the Reading one, not the Editing one. I'll still be part of it and help write the slides, of course.
- Org chart – Got HR to change it over finally, sorry for the delay.
- Reorg stuff – Unclear .
- Annual Plan stuff
- MW master now has jQuery 3 (not 1); prod will have 1 for a while whilst we fix all the breakages. Use $wgUsejQueryThree = false to use jQ1 if you need it.
- Interviews, tech tasks, etc.
- Will catch up on 3d2png stuff today
- CL stuff also needs a check-in
- Marginally less sick
- Some MMV work, not much, but will start triaging more tomorrow.
- https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/293695 could be reviewed. Krinkle took a look, jdlrobson hasn't chimed in yet, we can probably just go.
- More interview stuff happening this week too
- 3d communication stalled
- Mark will take a second look at it tomorrow and chime in.
- Reportupdater data for UW errors
- Investigate MMV "image won't load"
- Email catch-up
- Interview things also
- Also job posting things - maybe have a lead that could work pretty quickly
- Getting up to speed
- What to look at?
- Mark: MMV, UW, 3D?
- Adam: Cross-wiki upload?
- MMV "image won't load", not actionable at this point
- Schedules 3d patch for deploy tomorrow
- Bring Vagrant 3d in line with beta/prod 3d
- Fixed UW error reportupdater config
- Revied job candidate code
- Did some candidate stuff yesterday, will be back to triaging today
- Quarterly check-in (will discuss 3D work, transition)
- Blog post draft work - phabricator ticket has some volunteers maybe
- Patent/legal thing went off the rails a bit, but generally positive
- Going to attempt more triaging of MMV today, maybe.
- Would like to discuss mobile-ization of MMV after everyone's updates.
- Also on discussion docket: 3D deploy timeline.
- multimedia-team list back up and running
- Blog post draft doc shared (no work yet...)
- 3D design work potentially - and testing
- 3D is on beta
- disable reuse/warn when license/attribution is missing
- FileAnnotations/OpenAnnotations (with special guest Prateek!)
- Conference on Annotations later this month - do we want to present anything or discuss use on MediaWiki?
- Lots of different use-cases for annotations in MW
- Documentation of new spec for OA is not great
- Probably not helpful to present FA at conference, since it doesn't comply with any OA spec
- Lots of interest in annotations in MW though
- MMV mobile targeting work - is it worthwhile to start now?
- Mark will start on this today(ish)
- 3D deploy timeline - when do we push this further (e.g. testwikis and mw.org)?
- Adam not opposed to us pushing mail to commons-l
- Should delay push to prod until we've evaluated it fully