Multilingual Semantic MediaWiki
Multilingual Semantic MediaWiki is a multilingual and semantic MediaWiki. The concept is illustrated by alive implementations (which use Semantic MediaWiki, Wikibase or both):
A few wikis, developed mostly by Niklas Laxström, build on the original concept by Laxström and Kanner (2015) below:
- https://sanat.csc.fi/ (including a WordNet import)
Other wikis are focused on a single content language but for (multilingual) linguistic content:
A few extensions and tools have been developed as part of the effort, including WikibaseStatementUpdater. Some configuration scripts were also made available.
Other semantic wikis support translations at some degree:
- Laxström and Kanner (2015), Multilingual Semantic MediaWiki for Finno-Ugric dictionaries: paper which defines MSMW and what had been done until then.
- phabricator:T48522 outlines some future work
- tracking issue on GitHub
- Multilingual MediaWiki (historical) and m:Category:Multilingualism for past discussions of multilingualism in MediaWiki
- information on <Semantic-MediaWiki.org> supporting multilingual content.