Multi-Content Revisions/Rendering and Caching
This page is part of the MCR proposal. Status: collecting notes.
- Typically, the rendering of one slot will be independent of other slots. It's produced by the
getParserOutputmethod of the slot's
- Some content models however may allow access to other slots (of the same revision, or of other pages), e.g. to render a wikitext infobox based on data stored separately from the wikitext.
- To accommodate such access
Content::getParserOutput()should get the relevant RevisionRecord as an (optional?) parameter.
setRevisionRecordmethod, analogous to the
setTitlemethods that similarly exist to provide context.
ParserCachekey will have to be based on the slot name as well as the page title.
- The purging mechanism should also be per-slot.
- The web cache will be for a rendering of all slots of the current revision. Single slot views using the
slot=fooparameter will probably not need to be cached.