This document describes the design of the section header and toggle for the developing Wikipedia Mobile site.
The current mobile section headers do not fit within the concept of a minimal design.
- Ongoing effort to implement a UI step between the current interface and Glaucus/Athena
- To make interaction simple, smooth and intuitive.
- To make section toggle visually obvious to the user but keeping a minimal design.
Two user tests of the section heading style with down/up arrows are documented here.
- One is on iPhone and one is on Android.
- Both users clicked on the down arrow without hesitation.
- Both users found the opening and closing of sections to be intuitive.
- The iPhone user complained about not being able to scroll quickly through lengthy articles, and clicked on "Jump back a section" and then collapsed the section.
- The Android user suggested other icons for expanding collapsing, such as +/- and arrow pointing right/down.