Meza/Setup a RedHat VM
- Download the DVD.iso RedHat 7 image on the Red Hat downloads page. When you attempt to download for the first time you'll have to generate a Red Hat account. You're going to have to create a username and password anyway, so there doesn't appear to be a strong need to use a linked account (e.g. Google, Github).
- Place the ISO in your home folder and use
create-vm.shas described in Meza/Install on Virtual Box
- Install the Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system in the same way you install CentOS
- After the OS is installed, when you've booted into your OS command line, start with the same command as on CentOS:
sudo ifup enp0s3(starts networking)
- Next, setup your RedHat subscription with
sudo subscription-manager register --username <username> --password <password> --auto-attachusing your username and password for your RedHat developer account
- Continue with standard Meza/Install on Virtual Box steps after
sudo ifup enp0s3command.